Rules & Protocol
This is a good will tournament. Discourteous or unsportsmanlike behavior will not be tolerated.
• Each competitor may enter one kata, one kobudo, and one kumite division.
• Traditional white gi/uniform is required with sleeves and pant legs not rolled up but hemmed. Black gi top may be worn for kobudo competition.
• All traditional Okinawan weapons will be allowed for kobudo competition.
• The following equipment is mandatory for those competing in kumite:
- Groin protector for males
- Hand protector
- Chest protector for females 12+ year and optional for all other competitors.
- Helmet for Desa students under 18 years of age unless have been exempted. Helmets optional for all other competitors.
- Mouthguards are mandatory if not wearing a helmet but recommended for all students
Please indicate on the registration form if you are interested in officiating at one or both of the tournaments.
Note that all officials must attend the officiating seminar taking place on July 25 at 4:30 pm at Servus Place.
We will be following basic WKF Tournament Rules with the exception of the length of matches.
Click on the links below to read the rules: